It’s hard to believe that we were glued to our television sets two years ago, watching the growing impact of the virus we know as COVID-19. With a second virus variation on the rise, the fight to end COVID-19 endures. Arizona Clinical Trials intends to see it through like the numerous other entities that have joined forces. Until then, we are still your COVID-19 resource center.
COVID-19 by the Numbers
- More than 277 million confirmed COVID-19 cases and more than 5 million associated deaths globally.
- The United States has had more than 51 million confirmed cases and over 812,000 associated deaths.
- More than 70 percent of U.S. adults are fully vaccinated with vaccines available to ages 5 and up and boosters for ages 16 and older.
- On December 16th, the CDC made the recommendation that individuals still needing vaccination should avoid the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. This was in response to a small blood clot risk which has hospitalized 54 people and taken the lives of 9.
- Researchers found the Omicron variant grows 70 times faster than the delta one in the bronchial tubes.
- Officials are still uncertain how many boosters are necessary to effectively fight the virus.
- Data shows deaths from COVID-19 in 2021 surpassed deaths in 2020.
- Vaccine mandates prevail in some areas and meet stiff opposition in others in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. For example, a federal judge blocked a vaccine mandate for healthcare workers, while the U.S Navy says that sailors forgoing the vaccine would face discharge starting in 2022.
Your Resource Center for COVID-19
Though the progress remains steady, we still need your help in the fight to end COVID-19. Arizona Clinical Trials is still offering:
- FREE screenings for COVID-19 for those who are experiencing symptoms.
- Potential enrollment into COVID-19 prevention and treatment trials for healthy individuals or those with symptoms of the virus. (Participants must meet all eligibility criteria)
To learn more, call us at (480) 360-4000 or visit our website today!